Saturday, April 3, 2010

Reminiscing My Past....

It's raining outside when I wrote this...
The rain makes me think about my past...

I was born in Kuching. When I'm about 40 days old, my family moved to Sibu. So I didn't have the chance to know Kuching that much. Sibu... It's a place where my childhood memories were buried. I grew up there. I remembered my primary school, 天真小学. Nice name for a primary school right? I had many childhood friends back then. We knew each other since kindergarden. But there's one friend that I won't ever forget. Her name's Tang Niin. We're best friends then and now. I remembered we used to hang out at each others place but mostly hers. At school, we joined the same club - Dance Club and Choir. We sing, dance, perform and do everything together. She was the sister that I never had even though she's just a few months older than me. I still miss her lots.

When I'm in primary four, my family moved to another house. I had to leave my school cause it's a long journey back and forth from school to the house. I was sad cause I had to leave my dear friends. I started schooling at 敦化小学 when I started primary five. On the first day, I walked into the wrong classroom. I was supposed to be in 5B but I was so nervous that I walked into 5C. It was not until recess that I realized that I walked into the wrong class. How did I know? Well, the 5C class teacher brought me to the principal's office. And that's how I know. It was so embarrassing. During recess, the 5B class teacher brought me to class. I met new faces and I get along with them quite fast. Especially our class's monitor and assistant monitor. They're both girls. The monitor was great in sports while the assistant monitor was excellent in academics. Great combination. They were the first to befriend with me on the first day of school. By then, I had accepted the fate that I had to leave my old friends behind.

Three months after I started schooling in new school, fate was playing around and toying with me again. Either mum or dad had to be transferred here to Miri. I was very upset. Why is fate toying my life again and again and again? I'm just a kid for goodness sake! But still, I had to go through all this 'Goodbyes' by myself. I can't do anything to stop it. 

Alas, all this separation mold me to who I am now. I'm afraid to open my heart and be closer to people. It's easier to say 'Goodbye' when there's nothing holding you back and your heart wont hurt so much doing that. I became a cold person cause of all those tears and goodbyes. 


So you see, I'm the victim of the situation...
Related Posts with Thumbnails